Education Congo envisions a Strong Congo through Education. We are here to increase access to and the quality of higher education through scholarships and institutional support. Established in 1998 as a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Education Congo is comprised of loyal supporters from a variety of business, church, education, healthcare and philanthropic backgrounds, whose mission is to support and raise awareness for projects in Congo. We work to provide scholarships and raise funds to support programs aimed at enhancing the quality of higher education. The founders of Education Congo have seen the youth of Congo become the next generation of leaders.
Board of Directors
- Bruno W. Baerg (Board Vice President), International Development and Leadership Consultant, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Dr. Douglas Cardwell (Executive Director - pro bono), Professor (ret), Winston Salem, NC
- Ronny R. Farmer (Board Treasurer), CPA, Lamar, CO
- Steven Gustafson, DO, Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Wichita, KS
- Linda James, MSc, Public Health Advisor
- Amini Kajunju, Executive Director, International University of Grand-Bassam Foundation, New York, NY
- Phil Kliewer (Board Secretary), Air Cargo industry (ret), Fresno, CA
- Margaret J. Loewen, MD, Physician, Lamar, CO
- Dr. Noah McMillan, Engineer, Kingsport, TN
- Dr. Elizabeth Naegele, Professor (ret), Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, IL
- Ernest E. Ross (Board President), Consultant, Mechanical Engineering, Billings, MT
- James Shafe, CEO, Career Training Concepts, Atlanta, GA
- Eva Bowers Shay, DO, Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Wichita, KS
- Jack Spencer, Dr.PH (honoris causa), International Public Health Consultant (ret), Gainesville, GA
- Julie Neitz Wielga, Director, Partners in Literacy, Denver, CO
- Dr. Paul A. Williams, Professor, University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE
Council of Advisors
- Dr. Alden Almquist, Library of Congress (ret), Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Cynthia Decker, NOAA Science Advisory Board, Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Carol A. Heimer, Professor, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Louis T. Kanda, MD, Cardiologist (ret), Washington, D.C.
- Mimi Kanda, MD, Senior Advisor, Dikembe Mutombo Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Juliet Lev, RN, Operating Room, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Dr. Melvin J. Loewen, Director (ret) UPC, Goshen, IN
- Dr. Elsie McKee, Professor, Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, NJ
- Dr. Larry Sthreshley, IMA World Health, Country Director, Kinshasa, DRC
- Anne H. Zolnor, Healthcare Consultant, Ponte Vedra, FL